Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Speaking on a phone

It's my weak point - speaking English. I had to phone about changing my airticket to the airline company. But not just change it, I wanted to know whether I can stop over in Hong Kong as I had originally intended to go straight back to Japan. I phoned the company with a nervous feeling. What matters to me is whether I can understand their English. But, the person who answerd was a HongKong Chinese. His English was very clear but he wasn't sure about my request and he said that he would conform it with the Tokyo office. The next day, I phoned them again without feeling nervous and the person was an English lady against my expection!! But I understood her English clearly because my matter had already been worked out. So I am able to stay in HongKong. Yippee!!

No comments: